It may be necessary to restart the Navisphere management server on an EMC CLARiiON CX, CX3, CX4 if any of the problems below present:
- A Fatal Event icon (red letter “F” in a circle) is displayed for some physical element of array, but Navisphere CLI reports no faults.
- Host displays a “U” icon even after rebooting host.
- Navisphere User Interface (UI) is displaying faults that Navisphere CLI is not showing or are different from what Navisphere CLI is reporting.
- An unmanaged Storage Processor (SP) still has owned LUNs.
- Navisphere User Interface (UI) hangs or freezes.
- Navisphere User Interface (UI) is displaying faults but when the faults option is clicked it shows the array is operating normally.
- Fault on primary array but all indications shows that the array is operating normally.
- The Management Servers could not be contacted.
- Clicking Fault icon returns “array is operating normally” message.
- CX series array does not recognize the new DAE from Navisphere Manager.
- Fault after replacing Standby Power Supply
Note: The procedure must be performed on both Storage Processors in order to be effective.
- Open a new browser window.
- Type in the address bar: http:// xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/setup
Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the Storage Processor (SP).
- When the screen has loaded, type in the Username and Password used to access Navisphere User Interface (UI).
- Once logged in, click the “Restart Management Server” button.
- Once the page has loaded, click “Yes”, and then click “Submit.”