Maximize the storage capacity of your EMC CX3 or CX4 series SAN. The EMC CX-SA07-500 is a 500GB SATA II 3.0 Gbps 7,200 RPM hard drive. All EMC hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, fully-tested, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects.
The CX-SA07-500 is also known as part number 005048608. Various EMC 500GB 7.2K SATA hard drives are manufactured by Hitachi with the unique part number HDS725050KLA360.
EMC CX-SA07-500 500GB SATA Hard Drive Technology
SATA has traditionally been used for internal storage interconnect in desktop computers to connect the host systems to hard drives and optical drives. Today, the SATA interconnect technology has evolved for much higher interconnect speeds, scalability, and reliability, surpassing the technology’s originally intended applications. SATA technologies are now extensively used in enterprise class storage and server environments in near-line storage applications where scale and costs are primary selection driving criteria. Serial ATA II internal storage interconnect is designed to replace earlier ATA technologies (SATA I). This interconnect technology is capable of communicating at speeds of 300 MB/s and is the technology of choice used in Dell / EMC storage systems. Increase your available storage with the EMC CX-SA07-500 500GB SATA hard drive.
EMC 005048608 500GB SATA HDD Applications
EMC SATA II HDD with part number 005048608 is best suited for higher-capacity environments to help realize cost and capacity benefits. Sequential access applications have a tendency to maximize any caching advantages of the storage system, and take advantage of the higher density SATA II disk drives. In these applications, the speed at which the drive can transfer data from the platter has the greatest effect on overall performance. Thus, medium-to-large block and sequential I/O applications can reap the greatest benefits from the drive’s higher area-bit densities.
Some popular types of applications for the 005048608 / CX-SA07-500 EMC 500 GB 7,200 RPM SATA II drives are:
- Disk-to-disk backup
- Disk backup using traditional backup software. Dell/EMC arrays with ATA is tested and supported with most major backup applications.
- Improves backup and restore performance when compared to tape.
- Large application datasets
- Some applications, like seismic data interpretation, government intelligence, and life sciences research are immediately written out to tape due to their large size. When the tests need to be rerun, the data must be reloaded from tape, and then rerun. Now the information can stay online with Dell/EMC SATA drives and businesses can improve their operational efficiency and time to market.
EMC CX-SA07-500, 005048608, 118032497A04, 500GB 7.2k SATA HDD Specifications
- SATA II
- 7,200 RPM
- 3 GB/s
- Other PN
- 005048608, 005048720, 005048795, 005048886, HDS725050KLA360, 0A32904, 118032497A04
- Form Factor
- 3.5″ with tray
- Platform Compatibility
- EMC CX3, CX4, CX4-4PDAE, CX-4PDAE, DAE3P, DAE4P
Works great, fast shipping