Maximize the storage capacity of your Dell PowerEdge series server. The Dell 02G4HM is a 2TB SATA 7,200 RPM hard drive with tray. All Dell hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, fully tested, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects. Same day, expedited, and international shipping available!
The 02G4HM is also known as part numbers 2G4HMm, WD2003FYYS and more listed below.
Dell 02G4HM 2TB 7.2k SATA Internal Hard Drive Technology
SATA drives are base hard drives in Dell PowerEdge servers. SATA offers several advantages over the older interface:
- Reduced cable size and cost (7 conductors instead of 40)
- Native hot swapping
- Faster data transfer through higher signaling rates
- More efficient transfer through a I/O queuing protocol
Enterprise SATA 3.5″ MTBF, like 02G4HM/2G4HM at 1.2 million hours versus consumer 3.5″ SATA at 550K hours MTBF. Dell’s enterprise SATA solutions for PowerEdge servers and PowerVault enclosures, is a SATA interface for hard drives featuring specific design and manufacturing processes enabling 24x7x365 operations and 1.2 million hours MTBF within an enterprise environment.
- Best dollar per gigabyte advantage within enterprise-class hard drives
- Rated for 24-hour by 7-days-a-week, 365-days-a-year operation
Enterprise SATA drives offer similar dollar-per-gigabyte advantages as consumer SATA for tier-2 storage while also providing key design and process enhancements to allow for successful integration with specific Dell RAID controllers as part of Dell’s server and storage solutions. While typical SATA drives commonly found in the consumer, desktop and notebook arena lack the design and reliability characteristics required for the more strenuous enterprise environment. These consumer (or client)-grade hard drives are typically rated at around 550K hours MTBF (mean time between failures) and not rated for 24x7x365 usage. While these consumer-grade drives are typically OK to utilize as boot devices, their capability to perform within the enterprise is limited. enterprise SATA drives are designed with reliability and compatibility in mind. Enterprise SATA drives are rated for 24x7x365 operation, have Dell developed and certified firmware to ensure compatibility within Dell servers and storage, and also are typically equipped with rotational vibration circuitry to allow for the adjacencies of multiple drives, servers and storage enclosures common within the enterprise.
Dell Update Package (DUP) support is now available on select enterprise SATA hard drives. DUP allows for hard drive firmware to be updated without taking down the storage subsystem. Less downtime means higher productivity.
02G4HM for Dell PowerEdge Server Nearline SAS and Enterprise Hot-Swap SATA drives Benefits
Dell OEM drives are dependable, high-capacity, and ideal for adding data storage. Also known as Tier-2, these nearline, business-critical 5.4K and 7.2K rpm drives combine specific design and manufacturing processes for hard drives rated at 24x7x365 operations for true enterprise duty cycles. The main emphasis is on an exceptional dollars/gigabyte advantage over Tier-1 storage. This drive classification includes:
- Nearline SAS — Combines the head, media and rotational speed of traditional enterprise-class SATA drives with the fully capable SAS interface typical of 10K/15K rpm SAS drives. These drives are rated at 1.2 million hours MTBF.
- Enterprise SATA — True enterprise-class specifications, rated at 1.2 million hours MTBF, these drives provide the traditional SATA interface, but with capabilities far exceeding consumer grade SATA drives.
02G4HM Dell PowerEdge/PowerVault 2TB 7.2K RPM 3.5″ SATA Hard Drive WD2003FYYS
- 7200 RPM
- Other PN
- Form Factor
- 3.5″ with tray
- Enclosure Compatibility
- PowerVault NX200,PowerVault NX300, PowerVault NX3000, PowerVault NX3100, PowerVault MD1200, PowerVault MD3200, PowerVault MD3200i, PowerVault MD3260i, PowerVault MD3060e, PowerVault MD3600i, PowerVault MD3660i
- Server Compatibility
- PowerEdge R210 II, PowerEdge R310, PowerEdge R320, PowerEdge R410, PowerEdge R415, PowerEdge R510, PowerEdge R515, PowerEdge R520, PowerEdge R710, PowerEdge R720, PowerEdge R720xd, PowerEdge T110 II, PowerEdge T310, PowerEdge T320, PowerEdge T410, PowerEdge T420, PowerEdge T610, PowerEdge T620, PowerEdge T710, PowerEdge VRTX
There are no reviews yet.