Maximize the storage capacity of your EMC Avamar system. The EMC 105-000-221 is a 2TB SATA III 6.0 Gbps 7,200 RPM hard drive. All EMC hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, fully-tested, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects.
The 105-000-221 is also known as part numbers 118032846 01, 9YZ168-090, & ST2000NM0011.
EMC Avamar 105-000-221 2TB SATA Hard Drive Technology
SATA has traditionally been used for internal storage interconnect in desktop computers to connect the host systems to hard drives and optical drives. Today, the SATA interconnect technology has evolved for much higher interconnect speeds, scalability, and reliability, surpassing the technology’s originally intended applications. SATA technologies are now extensively used in enterprise class storage and server environments in near-line storage applications where scale and costs are primary selection driving criteria. Serial ATA III internal storage interconnect is designed to replace earlier ATA technologies (SATA II). This interconnect technology is capable of communicating at speeds of 600 MB/s and is the technology of choice used in Dell / EMC storage systems. Increase your available storage with the EMC 105-000-221 2TB SATA hard drive.
EMC Avamar 105-000-221, 118032846 01, 9YZ168-090 & ST2000NM011 2TB SATA HDD Applications
EMC SATA III HDD with part numbers 118032846 01, 9YZ168-090 & ST2000NM0011 is best suited for higher-capacity environments to help realize cost and capacity benefits. Sequential access applications have a tendency to maximize any caching advantages of the storage system, and take advantage of the higher density SATA III disk drives. In these applications, the speed at which the drive can transfer data from the platter has the greatest effect on overall performance. Thus, medium-to-large block and sequential I/O applications can reap the greatest benefits from the drive’s higher area-bit densities.
Some popular types of applications for the 118032846 01 / 9YZ168-090 / ST2000NM0011 / 105-000-221 EMC Avamar 2 TB 7,200 RPM SATA III drives are:
- Disk-to-disk backup
- Disk backup using traditional backup software. Dell/EMC arrays with ATA is tested and supported with most major backup applications.
- Improves backup and restore performance when compared to tape.
- Large application datasets
- Some applications, like seismic data interpretation, government intelligence, and life sciences research are immediately written out to tape due to their large size. When the tests need to be rerun, the data must be reloaded from tape, and then rerun. Now the information can stay online with Dell/EMC SATA drives and businesses can improve their operational efficiency and time to market.
EMC Avamar 105-000-221, 118032846 01, 9YZ168-090, ST2000NM0011 2TB 7.2K SATA HDD Specifications
- SATA III
- 7,200 RPM
- Other PN
- 118032846 01, 9YZ168-090, ST2000NM0011
- Form Factor
- 3.5″ with tray
- Platform Compatibility
- EMC Avamar Nodes
There are no reviews yet.