Maximize the storage capacity of your EMC CLARiiON CX system. The EMC CX-AT05-320 is a 320GB ATA 5,400 RPM hard drive. All EMC hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, fully-tested, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects. Same day, expedited, and international shipping available!
The CX-AT05-320 is also known as part number 005048012. Various EMC 320GB 5.4K ATA hard drives are manufactured by Maxtor.
EMC CX-AT05-320 320GB ATA Hard Drive Technology
EMC ATA disk drives enable more offline information to be brought online. The economics and capacity of the CLARiiON ATA disk modules provide superior capacity, price, and reduced operating costs when applied in suitable environments. It is common practice to mix drives types and enclosures in CLARiiON storage systems, and with ATA drives you can apply 5,400 and 7,200 RPM ATA/SATA drives in the same ATA enclosure. Use ATA drives for a lower price per megabyte compared to fibre channel, a reduced footprint, and reduced power and cooling requirements. Increase your available storage with the EMC CX-AT05-320 320GB ATA hard drive.
EMC 005048012 320GB ATA HDD Applications
EMC ATA HDD with part number 005048012 is best suited for higher-capacity environments to help realize cost and capacity benefits. Sequential access applications have a tendency to maximize any caching advantages of the storage system, and take advantage of the higher density ATA disk drives. In these applications, the speed at which the drive can transfer data from the platter has the greatest effect on overall performance. Thus, medium-to-large block and sequential I/O applications can reap the greatest benefits from the drive’s higher area-bit densities.
Some popular types of applications for the 005048012 / CX-AT05-320 EMC 320 GB 5,400 RPM ATA drives are:
- Disk-to-disk backup
- Disk backup using traditional backup software. Dell/EMC arrays with ATA is tested and supported with most major backup applications.
- Improves backup and restore performance when compared to tape.
- Large application datasets
- Some applications, like seismic data interpretation, government intelligence, and life sciences research are immediately written out to tape due to their large size. When the tests need to be rerun, the data must be reloaded from tape, and then rerun. Now the information can stay online with Dell/EMC SATA drives and businesses can improve their operational efficiency and time to market.
EMC CX-AT05-320, 005048012, 320GB 5.4k ATA HDD Specifications
- 5,400 RPM
- CX-AT05-320, CX-AT05-320U
- Other PN
- 005048012, 118032260-A04
- Form Factor
- 3.5″ with tray
- Platform Compatibility
- EMC CX200-CX700, CX3-20, CX3-40, CX3-80, CX4-120, CX4-240, CX4-480, CX4-960
There are no reviews yet.