Dell branded (non-generic) 8TB SATA HDD for your PowerVault MD1200 storage needs. The GKWHP, 9ZM278-150, ST8000NM0075 is a 3TB 7.2k RPM SAS 6Gb/s hard drive for use in Dell PowerVault direct attached storage (DAS) arrays and PowerEdge Servers. Whether you’re upgrading your Dell PowerVault system or simply looking for a replacement hard drive, we have what you need. If you don’t see the part listed that you’re looking for, please use our Contact Us form; as we have many parts in inventory that are not listed. Please note that all Dell PowerVault hard drives, systems and parts are used / refurbished, fully-tested, and backed by a 60 day warranty.
GKWHP – Dell PowerVault 8TB 7.2K SAS 3.5″ – 9ZM278-150, ST8000NM0075 Features
- Best-in-class enhanced rotational vibration tolerance ensures consistent performance
- Delivers proven reliability, with an MTBF of 1.4 million hours
- Sixth-generation drive technology with SAS interface for 24×7 reliability
- Reduces energy and cooling costs, with the lowest power consumption of any nearline 3.5-inch drive
- Improved power and cooling efficiencies with low power consumption and on-demand PowerChoice™ technology based on T10/T13 power management standards
- Enhanced error correction, super parity and end-to-end SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage
- Robust performance with dual processor and ramp load technologies
Compatible with the MD1200 series PowerVault system.
PowerVault GKWHP 8TB SAS HDD Applications – 9ZM278-150, ST8000NM0075
Dell PowerVault SAS HDD with part numbers GKWHP, 9ZM278-150 & ST8000NM0075 is best suited for higher-capacity environments to help realize cost and capacity benefits. Sequential access applications have a tendency to maximize any caching advantages of the storage system, and take advantage of the higher density SAS disk drives. In these applications, the speed at which the drive can transfer data from the platter has the greatest effect on overall performance. Thus, medium-to-large block and sequential I/O applications can reap the greatest benefits from the drive’s higher area-bit densities.
GKWHP – PowerVault 8TB SAS Hard Drive Specifications – 9ZM278-150, ST8000NM0075
Dell PowerVault MD1200 at a Glance – GKWHP, 9ZM278-150
Dell PowerVault MD1200 is the second generation of Dell’s low-cost, high-capacity expansion enclosure that improves density, versatility and performance over previous generation to enhance support for mainstream and capacity-intensive applications.
The PowerVault MD1200 offers seamless expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers with the PERC H810 Host-RAID adapter. It also offers drive flexibility when adding capacity or data tiering to any of Dell’s primary storage arrays.
Versatility and Flexibility for Business Needs – GKWHP, 9ZM278-150
The MD1200 is Dell’s most versatile direct-attached storage expansion enclosure. Featuring support for 2.5 inch drives, as well as the ability to mix 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch enclosures behind a single PERC H810 Host-RAID adapter,the PowerVault MD1200 delivers capacity and performance to support most customer deployments.