Maximize the storage capacity of your EMC VNX series SAN. The EMC ST4000NXCLAR4000 is a 4TB 6Gb SAS 7,200 RPM hard drive. All EMC hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, fully tested, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects. Same day, expedited, and international shipping available!
EMC ST4000NXCLAR4000 4TB NL-SAS Hard Drive Technology
NL-SAS drives have a SAS interface, but head, media, and rotational speed of traditional enterprise-class SATA drives, so they cost less than other SAS drives. This interconnect technology is capable of communicating at speeds of 6Gbps and is the technology of choice used in EMC storage systems. Increase your available storage with the EMC V4-VS07-040 4TB SAS hard drive. When compared to SATA, NL-SAS drives have the following benefits:
- Dual ports allowing redundant paths
- Ability to connect a device to multiple computers
- Full SCSI command set
- No need for using Serial ATA Tunneling Protocol (STP), which makes it possible for SATA HDDs to be connected to a SAS HBA
- No need for SATA interposer cards, which are needed for pseudo–dual-port high availability of SATA HDDs
- Larger depth of command queues
EMC ST4000NXCLAR4000 4TB SAS HDD Applications
EMC SAS HDD with part numbers ST4000NXCLAR4000 is best suited for higher-capacity environments to help realize cost and capacity benefits. Sequential access applications have a tendency to maximize any caching advantages of the storage system, and take advantage of the higher density SAS hard disk drives. In these applications, the speed at which the drive can transfer data from the platter has the greatest effect on overall performance. Thus, medium-to-large block and sequential I/O applications can reap the greatest benefits from the drive’s higher area-bit densities.
Some popular types of applications for the ST4000NXCLAR4000 EMC 4 TB 7,200 RPM SAS drives are:
- Disk-to-disk backup
- Disk backup using traditional backup software. EMC arrays are tested and supported with most major backup applications.
- Improves backup and restore performance when compared to tape.
- Large application datasets
- Some applications, like seismic data interpretation, government intelligence, and life sciences research are immediately written out to tape due to their large size. When the tests need to be rerun, the data must be reloaded from tape, and then rerun. Now the information can stay online with EMC SAS drives and businesses can improve their operational efficiency and time to market.