The NetApp X289A-R5 is a 450GB 15k RPM 3Gbps SAS hard drive with tray for NetApp FAS2020, FAS2040 & FAS2050 systems. All NetApp hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects. Same day, expedited, and international shipping are available!
The NetApp X289A-R5 450GB 15k 3Gbps SAS HDD is also known by part numbers 108-00206, SP-289A-R5, and others listed below.
X289A-R5 / 108-00206 / SP-289A-R5 NetApp 450GB 15k 3Gbps SAS HDD Technology
NetApp combines ultimate performance with high capacity in the same drive. The NetApp X289A-R5 can store up to 450GB of data while spinning at 15,000 RPM. That amounts to a capacity growth of 33% over its predecessor to keep pace with digital data growth and improve space efficiency in today’s data centers. At the same time, sequential performance increased by 23% compared to prior generation to keep data moving faster. The 3Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface support the reliability required in the most demanding enterprise computing environments like on-line transaction processing, intensive data analysis, multi-user applications and data warehousing.
NetApp X289A-R5 / 108-00206 / SP-289A-R5 Tech Highlights
- SAS interface for reliable data throughput
- Advanced Power Management optimizes power consumption
- Self-encrypting models conform to TCG’s Enterprise A specification
- Spinning at 15,000 RPM for mission critical performance
NetApp X289A-R5 / 108-00206 / SP-289A-R5 450GB 15K 3Gb SAS HDD Features
The NetApp X289A-R5 SAS Hard Drive is a great addition to your Storage Infrastructure. SAS drives provide reliability and maintain their performance under more difficult conditions, ultimately performing much better than either nearline-SAS or SATA disks. SAS drives are built to more exacting standards than other types of disks, are more efficient, and are a magnitude safer than NL-SAS or SATA drives.
NetApp X289A-R5 / 108-00206 / SP-289A-R5 Features and Benefits
- Advanced power management for lower power consumption and savings on cooling costs
- Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) maintains drive performance in high rotational vibration environments and multi-drive systems
- Workload detector technology maximizes performance in RAID enviornments
- SAS 3Gb/s interface for fast and reliable enterprise-class applications
- Reverse concatenation improves signal processing
- Repeatable Run Out (RRO) fields lowers the risk of data squeeze and write inhibit rate
- Head load/unload ramp minimizes handling damage during integration
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor improves acoustics and proven reliability
Applications of the 450GB 15k RPM Drives X289A-R5 / 108-00206 / SP-289A-R5
- For distributed or mid-sized enterprise sites that require more performance and higher capacity
- Ideal for consolidating virtual environments with multiple workloads and Windows applications