The NetApp X315A-R6 is a 4TB 7.2k RPM 6Gbps NL-SAS 3.5″ encrypting (NSE) hard drive with tray for NetApp DS4246 and DS212C disk shelves for FAS-Series systems. These NetApp X315A-R6 hard drives sold by SPS Pros are used, fully tested, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects.
Whether you’re looking for replacement NetApp components or upgrading your existing NetApp system, we have what you need. If you don’t see the part listed that you’re looking for, please use our Contact Us form; as we have many parts in inventory that are not listed. Same day, expedited, and international shipping are available!
NetApp X315A-R6 4TB 7.2k 6Gbps NL-SAS Encrypting (NSE) HDD Technology
NL-SAS drives have a SAS interface, but head, media, and rotational speed of traditional enterprise-class SATA drives, so they cost less than other SAS drives. This interconnect technology is capable of communicating at speeds of 6Gbps and is the technology of choice used in NetApp storage systems. Increase your available storage with the NetApp X315A-R6 hard drive. When compared to SATA, NL-SAS drives have the following benefits:
- Dual ports allowing redundant paths
- Ability to connect a device to multiple computers
- Full SCSI command set
- No need for using Serial ATA Tunneling Protocol (STP), which makes it possible for SATA HDDs to be connected to a SAS HBA
- No need for SATA interposer cards, which are needed for pseudo–dual-port high availability of SATA HDDs
- Larger depth of command queues
Also, the NetApp X315A-R6 4TB 7.2k 6Gbps NL-SAS drive is a self-encrypting drive. NetApp Storage Encryption (NSE) technology combines local key management with drive-level encryption for comprehensive security for data at rest that doesn’t sacrifice performance or ease of use.
NetApp X315A-R6 4TB 7.2k 6Gbps NL-SAS Encrypting (NSE) HDD Applications
NetApp NL-SAS HDD with part number X315A-R6 is best suited for higher-capacity environments to help realize cost and capacity benefits. Sequential access applications have a tendency to maximize any caching advantages of the storage system, and take advantage of the higher density NL-SAS hard disk drives. In these applications, the speed at which the drive can transfer data from the platter has the greatest effect on overall performance. Thus, medium-to-large block and sequential I/O applications can reap the greatest benefits from the drive’s higher area-bit densities.
Some popular types of applications for the X315A-R6 4TB 7.2k 6Gbps NL-SAS FDE drives are:
- Disk-to-disk backup
- Disk backup using traditional backup software. NetApp arrays are tested and supported with most major backup applications.
- Improves backup and restore performance when compared to tape.
- Large application datasets
- Some applications, like seismic data interpretation, government intelligence, and life sciences research are immediately written out to tape due to their large size. When the tests need to be rerun, the data must be reloaded from tape, and then rerun. Now the information can stay online with NetApp NL-SAS drives and businesses can improve their operational efficiency and time to market.
- Cloud storage
- Massive Scale Out (MSO)
- Data warehousing & mining
- RAID arrays
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
NetApp X315A-R6 4TB 7.2k 6Gbps NL-SAS Encrypting (NSE) HDD Specifications
- 7,200 RPM
- Other PN
- SP-315A-R6, 108-00386, ST4000NM0063
- Form Factor
- 3.5″ with tray
- Platform Compatibility
- DS4246, DS212C
There are no reviews yet.