NetApp X421A-R5 108-00220 450GB 10K 6Gbps SAS Hard Drive For DS2246
The NetApp X421A-R5 is a 450GB 10k RPM 6Gbps SAS hard drive for the NetApp FAS2020, FAS2040 & FAS2050. All NetApp hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects. Same day, expedited, and international shipping are available!
The NetApp X421A-R5 450GB 10k SAS HDD is also known by part numbers 108-00220, HUC106045CSS600, 46X5425, 0B25664, FAS2240, DS2246 and 00V7419.
NetApp X421A-R5, 108-00220 450GB SAS Hard Drive Technology
NetApp combines ultimate performance with high capacity in the same drive. The NetApp X421A-R5 can store up to 450GB of data while spinning at 10,000 RPM. The 64MB cache buffer is the largest in the industry in its class and the X421A-R5 is designed for NetApp reliability. The 6Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface support the reliability required in the most demanding enterprise computing environments like on-line transaction processing, intensive data analysis, multi-user applications and data warehousing.
NetApp X421A-R5 Tech Highlights
- SAS interface for reliable data throughput
- Advanced Power Management optimizes power consumption
- Largest 64MB cache buffer in the industry
- Self-encrypting models conform to TCG’s Enterprise A specification
- Spinning at 10,000 RPM for mission critical performance
Industry-best performance in a 10K RPM 2.5-inch form factor
NetApp X421A-R5, 108-00220 450GB 10K 6Gb SAS Hard Drive Features
The NetApp X421A-R5 SAS Hard Drive is a great addition to your Storage Infrastructure. SAS drives provide reliability and maintain their performance under more difficult conditions, ultimately performing much better than either nearline-SAS or SATA disks.
SAS drives are built to more exacting standards than other types of disks, are more efficient, and are a magnitude safer than NL-SAS or SATA drives.
NetApp X421A-R5 Features and Benefits
- Advanced power management for lower power consumption and savings on cooling costs
- Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) maintains drive performance in high rotational vibration environments and multi-drive systems
- Workload detector technology maximizes performance in RAID enviornments
- SAS 6Gb/s interface for fast and reliable enterprise-class applications
- Reverse concatenation improves signal processing
- Repeatable Run Out (RRO) fields lowers the risk of data squeeze and write inhibit rate
- Head load/unload ramp minimizes handling damage during integration
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor improves acoustics and proven reliability
NetApp X421A-R5, 108-00220 Applications / Environments
- Enterprise-class servers
- Networked storage arrays
Space and/or power constrained environments
Databases and Online Transaction Processing (OLTP)
- Blade and 1U/2U rack-mounted servers
- Cloud computing