Dell branded (non-generic) 2TB SAS HDD for your PowerVault and PowerEdge storage needs. The 2.5 inch XY986/0XY986 is a 2TB 7.2k RPM SAS 12Gb/s hard drive with tray for use specifically in Dell PowerVault direct attached storage (DAS) arrays and Dell PowerEdge servers. Whether you’re upgrading your PowerVault or PowerEdge system or simply looking for a replacement hard drive, we have what you need. If you don’t see the part listed that you’re looking for, please use our Contact Us form; as we have many parts in inventory that are not listed.
Please note that all Dell PowerVault hard drives, systems and parts are used / refurbished, fully-tested, and backed by a 60 day warranty. Same day, international, and expedited shipping available!
XY986 – Dell PowerVault 2TB 7.2K SAS 2.5″ – ST200NX0273, 1FM201-150 Features
- Best-in-class enhanced rotational vibration tolerance ensures consistent performance
- Delivers proven reliability, with an MTBF of 1.4 million hours
- Sixth-generation drive technology with SAS interface for 24×7 reliability
- Reduces energy and cooling costs, with the lowest power consumption of any nearline 3.5-inch drive
- Improved power and cooling efficiencies with low power consumption and on-demand PowerChoice™ technology based on T10/T13 power management standards
- Enhanced error correction, super parity and end-to-end SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage
- Robust performance with dual processor and ramp load technologies
Dell PowerEdge PowerVault XY986 2TB 2.5-inch SAS HDD Applications
Dell PowerVault/PowerEdge SAS HDD with part numbers ST200NX0273, 1FM201-150 & 0XY986 is best suited for higher-capacity environments to help realize cost and capacity benefits. Sequential access applications have a tendency to maximize any caching advantages of the storage system, and take advantage of the higher density SAS disk drives. In these applications, the speed at which the drive can transfer data from the platter has the greatest effect on overall performance. Thus, medium-to-large block and sequential I/O applications can reap the greatest benefits from the drive’s higher area-bit densities.