Maximize the storage capacity of your Dell PowerVault or Dell PowerEdge system. The Dell 09W5WV is a 1TB 2.5 inch SAS 7,200 RPM hard drive with tray. All Dell hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, fully tested, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects. Same day, expedited, and international shipping available!
Dell 09W5WV 1TB 7.2k SAS 2.5″ Internal Hard Drive Technology
SAS drives are base hard drives in Dell PowerEdge servers and PowerVault storage arrays. SAS offers several advantages over the older interface:
- Reduced cable size and cost (7 conductors instead of 40)
- Native hot swapping
- Faster data transfer through higher signaling rates
- More efficient transfer through a I/O queuing protocol
Enterprise SAS 2.5″ MTBF, like 9W5WV / 09W5WV at 1.2 million hours versus consumer 3.5″ SAS at 550K hours MTBF. Dell’s enterprise SAS solutions for PowerEdge servers and PowerVault enclosures, is a SAS interface for hard drives featuring specific design and manufacturing processes enabling 24x7x365 operations and 1.2 million hours MTBF within an enterprise environment.
- Best dollar per gigabyte advantage within enterprise-class hard drives
- Rated for 24-hour by 7-days-a-week, 365-days-a-year operation
Enterprise SAS drives offer similar dollar-per-gigabyte advantages as consumer SAS for tier-2 storage while also providing key design and process enhancements to allow for successful integration with specific Dell RAID controllers as part of Dell’s server and storage solutions. While typical SAS drives commonly found in the consumer, desktop and notebook arena lack the design and reliability characteristics required for the more strenuous enterprise environment. These consumer (or client)-grade hard drives are typically rated at around 550K hours MTBF (mean time between failures) and not rated for 24x7x365 usage. While these consumer-grade drives are typically OK to utilize as boot devices, their capability to perform within the enterprise is limited. enterprise SATA drives are designed with reliability and compatibility in mind. Enterprise SAS drives are rated for 24x7x365 operation, have Dell developed and certified firmware to ensure compatibility within Dell servers and storage, and also are typically equipped with rotational vibration circuitry to allow for the adjacencies of multiple drives, servers and storage enclosures common within the enterprise.
Dell Update Package (DUP) support is now available on select enterprise SATA hard drives. DUP allows for hard drive firmware to be updated without taking down the storage subsystem. Less downtime means higher productivity.
09W5WV for Dell PowerEdge Server Nearline SAS and Enterprise Hot-Swap SAS drives Benefits
Dell OEM drives are dependable, high-capacity, and ideal for adding data storage. Also known as Tier-2, these nearline, business-critical 5.4K and 7.2K rpm drives combine specific design and manufacturing processes for hard drives rated at 24x7x365 operations for true enterprise duty cycles. The main emphasis is on an exceptional dollars/gigabyte advantage over Tier-1 storage. This drive classification includes:
- Nearline SAS — Combines the head, media and rotational speed of traditional enterprise-class SAS drives with the fully capable SAS interface typical of 10K/15K rpm SAS drives. These drives are rated at 1.2 million hours MTBF.
- Enterprise SAS — True enterprise-class specifications, rated at 1.2 million hours MTBF, these drives provide the traditional SAS interface, but with capabilities far exceeding consumer grade SAS drives.