The IBM 45E7953 is a 300GB 15k RPM 6Gbps SAS 3.5″ hard drive with tray for IBM N-series storage systems. All IBM hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects. Same day, expedited, and international shipping available!
The IBM 45E7953 300GB 15k RPM 6Gbps SAS 3.5″ HDD is also known by part numbers 45E7951, 2857-4015, and others listed below.
45E7953, 45E7951, 2857-4015 IBM 300GB 15k RPM 6Gbps SAS 3.5″ HDD Technology
IBM SAS disk shelves are designed to deliver exceptional resiliency and reliability with redundant components, cross-bar switches, alternate control path (ACP), and nondisruptive firmware upgrades. The 6Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface support the reliability and performance required in the most demanding enterprise computing environments like on-line transaction processing (OLTP), intensive data analysis, and multi-user applications.
IBM 45E7953 Tech Highlights
- Features a traditional 3.5-inch form factor with enhanced rotational vibration tolerance and high data integrity for enterprise-class reliability in a high-performance drive
- Unprecedented performance with sustained data rate of up to 204MB/s
- Delivers proven reliability, with an MTBF of 1.6 million hours
- The drive also includes Seagate PowerTrim technology, which dynamically optimizes drive power consumption at all levels of activity
- Advanced Power Management optimizes power consumption
Industry-best performance in a 15K RPM 3.5-inch form factor
IBM 45E7953, 45E7951, 2857-4015 300GB 15K 6Gbps SAS 3.5″ Hard Drive Features
The IBM 6Gbps SAS hard drive with part numbers 45E7953, 45E7951, and 2857-4015 is a great addition to your storage infrastructure. SAS drives provide reliability and maintain their performance under more difficult conditions, ultimately performing much better than either nearline-SAS or SATA disks. SAS drives are built to more exacting standards than other types of disks, are more efficient, and are a magnitude safer than NL-SAS or SATA drives.
IBM 45E7953 Features and Benefits
- Advanced power management for lower power consumption and savings on cooling costs
- Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) maintains drive performance in high rotational vibration environments and multi-drive systems
- Workload detector technology maximizes performance in RAID enviornments
- SAS 6Gb/s interface for fast and reliable enterprise-class applications
- Reverse concatenation improves signal processing
- Repeatable Run Out (RRO) fields lowers the risk of data squeeze and write inhibit rate
- Head load/unload ramp minimizes handling damage during integration
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor improves acoustics and proven reliability
IBM 45E7953, 45E7951, 2857-4015 Applications / Environments
Using IBM SAS HDDs with part numbers 45E7953, 45E7951, and 2857-4015 for applications that use small block, random I/O is an important factor in realizing higher performance benefits. These applications have a tendency to minimize any caching advantages of the storage system. In addition, with applications such as these, the physical access to data on the disk has the greatest effect on overall performance. These small block, random I/O applications reap the greatest benefits from storage-system performance improvements achieved through the drive’s improved seek and rotational latency times.
- Web Server
- Data Replication
- Enterprise-class servers
- Networked storage arrays
Databases and Online Transaction Processing (OLTP)
- Cloud computing