The IBM 46X5426 is a 450GB 10k RPM 6Gbps SAS 2.5″ hard drive for IBM N-series storage systems. All IBM hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects. Same day, expedited, and international shipping available!
The IBM 46X5426 450GB 10k RPM 6Gbps SAS 2.5″ HDD is also known by part numbers 46X5425, 2857-4100, and others listed below.
46X5426, 46X5425, 2857-4100 IBM 450GB 10k RPM 6Gbps SAS 2.5″ HDD Technology
IBM SAS disk shelves are designed to deliver exceptional resiliency and reliability with redundant components, cross-bar switches, alternate control path (ACP), and nondisruptive firmware upgrades. Disk shelves which use 2.5” small form factor drives deliver double the storage density and higher performance density while requiring significantly less power. The 6Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface support the reliability required in the most demanding enterprise computing environments like on-line transaction processing, intensive data analysis, multi-user applications and data warehousing.
IBM 46X5426 Tech Highlights
- SAS interface for reliable data throughput
- Advanced Power Management optimizes power consumption
- Largest 64MB cache buffer in the industry
- Spinning at 10,000 RPM for mission critical performance
Industry-best performance in a 10K RPM 2.5-inch form factor
IBM 46X5426, 46X5425, 2857-4100 450GB 10K 6Gbps SAS Hard Drive Features
The IBM 6Gbps SAS hard drive with part numbers 46X5426, 46X5425, and 2857-4100 is a great addition to your storage infrastructure. SAS drives provide reliability and maintain their performance under more difficult conditions, ultimately performing much better than either nearline-SAS or SATA disks. SAS drives are built to more exacting standards than other types of disks, are more efficient, and are a magnitude safer than NL-SAS or SATA drives.
IBM 46X5426 Features and Benefits
- Advanced power management for lower power consumption and savings on cooling costs
- Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) maintains drive performance in high rotational vibration environments and multi-drive systems
- Workload detector technology maximizes performance in RAID enviornments
- SAS 6Gb/s interface for fast and reliable enterprise-class applications
- Reverse concatenation improves signal processing
- Repeatable Run Out (RRO) fields lowers the risk of data squeeze and write inhibit rate
- Head load/unload ramp minimizes handling damage during integration
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor improves acoustics and proven reliability
IBM 46X5426, 46X5425, 2857-4100 Applications / Environments
- Enterprise-class servers
- Networked storage arrays
Space and/or power constrained environments
Databases and Online Transaction Processing (OLTP)
- Blade and 1U/2U rack-mounted servers
- Cloud computing