The IBM 81Y9790 is a 1TB 7.2K 6Gbps SATA 3.5″ hard drive for use specifically with IBM System X and System storage devices. Whether you’re upgrading your IBM enterprise storage or simply looking for a replacement hard drive, we have what you need. If you don’t see the part listed that you’re looking for, please use our Contact Us form; as we have many parts in inventory that are not listed. Please note that all IBM hard drives sold by SPS Pros are used, fully-tested, and backed by a 60 day warranty.
The IBM 81Y9790 1TB 7.2K 6Gbps SATA HDD is also known by part numbers 81Y9791, 81Y3863, 9ZM173-039, and others listed below.
IBM 81Y9790, 81Y9791, 81Y3863, 9ZM173-039 1TB 7.2K 6Gbps SATA HDD Features
IBM 81Y9790, 81Y9791, 81Y3863, 9ZM173-039 Tech Highlights
- 1.4 million hours MTBF
- Multi-drive firmware maximized for enterprise RAID system availability
- Best-in-class rotational vibration tolerance ensures consistent performance
- High-performance 6Gbps SATA for reliable data throughput
- 24×7 accessibility for enterprise-class, capacity-optimized applications
- Robust performance with dual processors, ramp load technology, top-cover-attached motor and humidity sensor for optimum performance in all chassis
IBM 81Y9790, 81Y9791, 81Y3863, 9ZM173-039 Applications:
- Cloud bulk data storage
- Massive Scale Out (MSO)
- Data warehousing & mining
- Disk-to-disk backup & archiving
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS)