Maximize the storage capacity of your EMC CLARiiON AX150. The EMC AX-S207-250 is a 250GB SATA II 1.5 Gbps 7,200 RPM hard drive. All EMC hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, fully tested, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects. Same day, expedited, and international shipping available!
The AX-S207-250, because of its age and original sales volume has become incredibly scarce. The best option you have is to upgrade to the 500GB version for the AX150 sold here: https://www.emcsps.com/product/ax-s207-500/
The AX-S207-250 is also known as part numbers 005048825, 005048713, 005048578.
EMC AX-S207-250 250GB SATA Hard Drive Technology
SATA has traditionally been used for internal storage interconnect in desktop computers to connect the host systems to hard drives and optical drives. Today, the SATA interconnect technology has evolved for much higher interconnect speeds, scalability, and reliability, surpassing the technology’s originally intended applications. SATA technologies are now extensively used in enterprise class storage and server environments in near-line storage applications where scale and costs are primary selection driving criteria. Serial ATA II internal storage interconnect is designed to replace earlier ATA technologies (SATA I). This interconnect technology is capable of communicating at speeds of 300 MB/s and is the technology of choice used in Dell / EMC storage systems. Increase your available storage with the AX-S207-250 250GB 1.5GB/s SATA hard drive.
EMC 005048825 / 005048713 / 005048578 250GB SATA HDD Applications
EMC SATA II HDD with part numbers 005048825, 005048713, 005048578 is best suited for higher-capacity environments to help realize cost and capacity benefits. Sequential access applications have a tendency to maximize any caching advantages of the storage system, and take advantage of the higher density SATA II disk drives. In these applications, the speed at which the drive can transfer data from the platter has the greatest effect on overall performance. Thus, medium-to-large block and sequential I/O applications can reap the greatest benefits from the drive’s higher area-bit densities. Benefits of 250 GB SATA II disk drive technology are a lower price per gigabyte, reduced footprint, and reduced power and cooling requirements.
Some popular types of applications for the 005048825 / 005048713 / 005048578 / AX-S207-250 EMC 250 GB 7,200 RPM SATA II drives are:
- Disk-to-disk backup
- Disk backup using traditional backup software. Dell/EMC arrays with ATA is tested and supported with most major backup applications.
- Improves backup and restore performance when compared to tape.
- Large application datasets
- Some applications, like seismic data interpretation, government intelligence, and life sciences research are immediately written out to tape due to their large size. When the tests need to be rerun, the data must be reloaded from tape, and then rerun. Now the information can stay online with Dell/EMC SATA drives and businesses can improve their operational efficiency and time to market.
EMC AX-S207-250, 005048825, 005048713, 005048578 250GB 7.2k SATA HDD Specifications
- 7,200 RPM
- Other PN
- 005048825, 005048713, 005048578
- Form Factor
- 3.5″ with tray
- Disk Shelf Compatibility
- Platform Compatibility
- AX150, AX150SC, AX150i, AX150SCi
There are no reviews yet.