The NetApp X427A is a 1.8TB 10k RPM Encrypting (NSE) 6Gbps SAS hard drive for the NetApp DS2246, FAS2240-2, FAS2552 & FAS2650. All NetApp hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects. Same day, expedited, and international shipping are available!
The NetApp X427A 1.8TB 10k Encrypting (NSE) 6Gbps SAS HDD is also known by part numbers 108-00476, and SP-427A.
NetApp X427A, 108-00476, SP-427A 1.8TB 10k Encrypting (NSE) 6Gbps SAS HDD Technology
NetApp combines ultimate performance with high capacity in the same drive. The NetApp X427A can store up to 1.8TB of data while spinning at 10,000 RPM. The 128MB cache buffer is the largest in the industry in its class and the X427A is designed for NetApp reliability. The 6Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface support the reliability required in the most demanding enterprise computing environments like on-line transaction processing, intensive data analysis, multi-user applications and data warehousing.
NetApp X427A / 108-00476 / SP-427A Tech Highlights
- SAS interface for reliable data throughput
- Advanced Power Management optimizes power consumption
- Self-encrypting models conform to TCG’s Enterprise A specification
- Spinning at 10,000 RPM for mission critical performance
NetApp X427A, 108-00476, SP-427A 1.8TB 10K Encrypting (NSE) 6Gbps SAS HDD Features
The NetApp X427A SAS Hard Drive is a great addition to your storage infrastructure. SAS drives provide reliability and maintain their performance under more difficult conditions, ultimately performing much better than either nearline-SAS or SATA disks. SAS drives are built to more exacting standards than other types of disks, are more efficient, and are a magnitude safer than NL-SAS or SATA drives.
NetApp X427A / 108-00476 / SP-427A Features and Benefits
- Advanced power management for lower power consumption and savings on cooling costs
- Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) maintains drive performance in high rotational vibration environments and multi-drive systems
- Workload detector technology maximizes performance in RAID enviornments
- SAS 6Gb/s interface for fast and reliable enterprise-class applications
- Reverse concatenation improves signal processing
- Repeatable Run Out (RRO) fields lowers the risk of data squeeze and write inhibit rate
- Head load/unload ramp minimizes handling damage during integration
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor improves acoustics and proven reliability
NetApp X427A, 108-00476, SP-471A Applications / Environments
- For distributed or mid-sized enterprise sites that require more performance and higher capacity
- Ideal for consolidating virtual environments with multiple workloads and Windows applications