NetApp X477A-R6, 108-00157, HUS724040ALS640 4TB 7.2K 6Gbps NL-SAS Hard Drive
The NetApp X477A-R6 is a 4TB 7.2k RPM 6Gbps NL-SAS hard drive for the NetApp DS4246 disk shelf for NetApp storage systems. All NetApp hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects. Same day, expedited, and international shipping are available!
The NetApp X477A-R6 4TB 7.2k RPM 6Gbps NL-SAS HDD is also known by part numbers 108-00315, SP-477A-R6, HUS724040ALS640, and others listed below.
NetApp X477A-R6, 108-00315, HUS724040ALS640 4TB 7.2K 6Gbps NL-SAS Hard Drive Technology
NL-SAS drives have a SAS interface, but head, media, and rotational speed of traditional enterprise-class SATA drives, so they cost less than other SAS drives. This interconnect technology is capable of communicating at speeds of 6Gbps and is the technology of choice used in NetApp storage systems. Increase your available storage with the NetApp X477A-R6 hard drive. When compared to SATA, NL-SAS drives have the following benefits:
- Dual ports allowing redundant paths
- Ability to connect a device to multiple computers
- Full SCSI command set
- No need for using Serial ATA Tunneling Protocol (STP), which makes it possible for SATA HDDs to be connected to a SAS HBA
- No need for SATA interposer cards, which are needed for pseudo–dual-port high availability of SATA HDDs
- Larger depth of command queues
NetApp X477A-R6, 108-00315, HUS724040ALS640 4TB 7.2K 6Gbps NL-SAS Hard Drive Applications
NetApp NL-SAS HDD with part numbers X477A-R6, 108-00315, SP-477A-R6, and HUS724040ALS640 is best suited for higher-capacity environments to help realize cost and capacity benefits. Sequential access applications have a tendency to maximize any caching advantages of the storage system, and take advantage of the higher density NL-SAS hard disk drives. In these applications, the speed at which the drive can transfer data from the platter has the greatest effect on overall performance. Thus, medium-to-large block and sequential I/O applications can reap the greatest benefits from the drive’s higher area-bit densities.
Some popular types of applications for the X477A-R6, 108-00315, HUS724040ALS640 4TB 7.2K RPM 6Gbps NL-SAS drives are:
- Disk-to-disk backup
- Disk backup using traditional backup software. NetApp arrays are tested and supported with most major backup applications.
- Improves backup and restore performance when compared to tape.
- Large application datasets
- Some applications, like seismic data interpretation, government intelligence, and life sciences research are immediately written out to tape due to their large size. When the tests need to be rerun, the data must be reloaded from tape, and then rerun. Now the information can stay online with NetApp NL-SAS drives and businesses can improve their operational efficiency and time to market.
- Cloud storage
- Massive Scale Out (MSO)
- Data warehousing & mining
- Disk-to-disk backup & archiving
- RAID arrays
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)