NetApp X290A-R5 108-00226 600GB 15K 6Gbps SAS Hard Drive
The NetApp X290A-R5 is a 600GB 15k RPM 6Gbps SAS hard drive for the NetApp FAS2020, FAS2040 & FAS2050. All NetApp hard drives sold by SPS Pros are previously used, and backed by a 60 day warranty against defects. Same day, expedited, and international shipping are available!
The NetApp X290A-R5 600GB 15k SAS HDD is also known by part numbers 108-00226, HUS156060VLS600, 0B24502, 46X0880, and SP-290A-R5.
NetApp X290A-R5, 108-00226 600GB SAS Hard Drive Technology
NetApp combines ultimate performance with high capacity in the same drive. The NetApp X290A-R5 can store up to 600GB of data while spinning at 15,000 RPM. That amounts to a capacity growth of 33% over its predecessor to keep pace with digital data growth and improve space efficiency in today’s data centers. At the same time, sequential performance increased by 23% compared to prior generation to keep data moving faster. The 64MB cache buffer is the largest in the industry in its class and the X290A-R5 is designed for NetApp reliability. The 6Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface support the reliability required in the most demanding enterprise computing environments like on-line transaction processing, intensive data analysis, multi-user applications and data warehousing.
NetApp X290A-R5 Tech Highlights
- SAS interface for reliable data throughput
- Advanced Power Management optimizes power consumption
- Largest 64MB cache buffer in the industry
- Self-encrypting models conform to TCG’s Enterprise A specification
- Spinning at 15,000 RPM for mission critical performance
NetApp X290A-R5, 108-00226 600GB 15K 6Gb SAS Hard Drive Features
The NetApp X290A-R5 SAS Hard Drive is a great addition to your Storage Infrastructure. SAS drives provide reliability and maintain their performance under more difficult conditions, ultimately performing much better than either nearline-SAS or SATA disks.
SAS drives are built to more exacting standards than other types of disks, are more efficient, and are a magnitude safer than NL-SAS or SATA drives.
NetApp X290A-R5 Features and Benefits
- Advanced power management for lower power consumption and savings on cooling costs
- Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) maintains drive performance in high rotational vibration environments and multi-drive systems
- Workload detector technology maximizes performance in RAID enviornments
- SAS 6Gb/s interface for fast and reliable enterprise-class applications
- Reverse concatenation improves signal processing
- Repeatable Run Out (RRO) fields lowers the risk of data squeeze and write inhibit rate
- Head load/unload ramp minimizes handling damage during integration
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor improves acoustics and proven reliability
NetApp X290A-R5, 108-00226 Applications / Environments
- For distributed or mid-sized enterprise sites that require more performance and higher capacity
- Ideal for consolidating virtual environments with multiple workloads and Windows applications